Monday, September 04, 2006

Farewell, Crocodile Hunter

Steve Irwin died. Can you believe it? He was filming for a show called "Ocean's Deadliest" and, irony of ironies, he got killed by a sting ray.

Crocodile Hunter was a show our whole family enjoyed, back when we had cable. Steve Irwin was so funny, but it's not easy to explain why. I guess it's his excitement, his passion for things that most people stay far away from. He gets like a little kid when he actually finds what he's looking for. Anyhow, he had a uniquely endearing charm, and I'll miss knowing that he's out there.

3 comments:

Just one of many said...

That's so sad! How am I going to tell my boys?? They have all his videos even the movie!! Damn sting rays...who would have guessed.

Rebecca said...

Oh no! I liked him! I didn't even know sting rays could kill. Sad.

Bishop Rick said...

My daughter has been moping around the house all morning. She marked all his episodes today on Animal Planet. I know that she won't actually watch them, but it makes her feel better.

ailipcx