Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Two times Tuesday

I just completed my admissions for fall semester at UVSC. I'll probably only take 2 classes, due to my husbands ungodly work schedule. Or maybe I'll take them online. Anyhow, the current discussions on JLO's blog have me wanting (for the first time) to take the required general ed class, Ethics and Values. I've purposely avoided it thus far, but I think I'm at a good place in my life to appreciate its principles.

Probably I'll take a 200 level English class too. And I need another Bio or Phys Sci class. But maybe I don't... I went to an accredited massage therapy school a few years back, and took both Anatomy/Physiology and Pathology. Those will probably count towards the Phys Sci requirement.

For my English class, should I take one with an emphasis on Humanities/Social Science OR Science/Technology? What do you think?

6 comments:

Sideon said...

My head always whips around when someone talks about English/Lit - I was an English major. :) What are the course descriptions for the English class that you're considering?

It's awesome that you've applied to school. Online classes are great, but it is a draw in terms of time committment. Instead of finding parking and physically attending a class, you're reading and responding to class posts via email. Sure, it's like blogging and commenting, but there are minimum weekly requirements. I did a year of online study with the University of Phoenix and had a so-so experience. Try it out... and see what you like.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know.. How about a math class?
Another quote: "To those who do not know Mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty of nature. ... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in."
Richard Feynman. 1918-1988, American physicist, The Character of Physical Law

La said...

I don't need any more math for my generals. I want to put a dent in them, so I can feel like I'm making SOME progress. But thanks, Dave. Did you read my blog comment on your myspace? I crack me up!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I read your comment on my alien picture and you are incredibly wrong. That is CLEARLY a flying saucer and you can't deny it just because it frightens you.

La said...

Please see further comment on the very pic of which you're referring to...

Cyn Bagley said...

I'm have a B.A. in English. I think that as an English major... I would do both. Yea, both.