Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Rhythm is Gonna Get You...

I had my dancing fix! None of you even showed up! :)

It was hot. I danced for a long time. I got really sweaty. My hair started to curl. It was SO good. This particular club sucks though because no one really dances until the last hour before it closes. So at one point, I may have been the only one out there. I'm not really sure. I remember feeling like I was in the spotlight. On a platform. All alone. Not giving a shit.

The point of dancing is to dance. It's not to be in proximity to some random person. It's not to connect with other people (for me). Well, this type of dancing anyway. This type of dancing is exercise; it's release.

One of the people we were with is a "goth" type person. She kept gagging at the hip-hop music. She "couldn't dance" to it. But here's what I said: It doesn't matter what the music is. You find the rhythm, you feel it, you move to it. It's not for show, it's not about anyone else but yourself. At least that's how it is for me.

2 comments:

Just one of many said...

My husband hates to dance so I often enjoy dancing by myself too. It's almost more enjoyable that way... Kids dance like that all the time, but as we get older we place way too much stock in what other people think. Keep dancing!!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you had fun! Yay for you! Even if you looked like a moron ;) Kidding. I promise. I'm in Utah! We should have COFFEE!!!