Tuesday, July 18, 2006

To answer Sid's question:

Intermediate Writing--Humanities/Social Sciences
Explores interfaces between the personal and the public and invokes problems for exploration. Emphasizes the production of well-reasoned and carefully researched written arguments that embody the spirit of inquiry, explore and interrogate multiple perspectives, and negotiate meanings across a diverse array of positions. Three major research projects (with at least one mandatory, graded revision), annotated bibliography, oral presentations, portfolios, journals, in-class writing and collaboration.

Intermediate Writing--Science/Technology
Explores public issues involving science and technology. Invokes problems for exploration. Emphasizes the production of well-reasoned and carefully researched written arguments that inquire, interrogate, and negotiate meanings across a diverse array of positions and in a variety of contexts, including writing about science and technology issues, and technical and/or professional documents. Includes at least one major research project (possibly more), annotated bibliography and/or appendices, oral presentations (individual and/or group), portfolios, in-class writing, and collaboration. May include basic requirements for professional and technical documents (memos, letters, reports, and more).

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ugh, they both sound boring. Do you HAVE to take one of them? Do you have any other options? PS - this is my SPECIALTY -- figuring out what you have to do to graduate, and which classes will count. I've never needed an academic counselor, and every time they made me see one I knew more about the requirements than they did. I would be AWESOME at that job. But I'd never be able to get it. Story of my life. But if you ever need help, Academic Requirement Girl will be happy to assist you (I have GOT to find a better superhero name)!

La said...

I need ENGL 2010 or 2020 for gen ed reqs, before even getting into the degree program. So yeah, I sort of have to pick one of them. ;)

You can be my Academic Requirement Girl any day!