I don't post much about religion or Mormons these days, but AzEx' conversation with a Christian apologist got me thinking.
It's amazing how illogical it all sounds to me now. All of it! I'm trying to figure out when/how I switched to such a scientific way of thinking about things. Here is a list of things that I find to be complete nonsense:
* SomeONE being responsible for the creation of the earth/universe
* Mary being a virgin, yet conceiving a child
* Jesus' entire purpose (to come to earth and teach men the way back to their "father", and dying for our sins and being our salvation. I might have to make a separate post about this one...)
* Christianity is only the third or fourth largest religion, and still they think they've got all the answers
* Jesus bleeding from every pore and bearing everyone's sins. Everyone's sins. All billions of us. And, he bore ALL the sins. So we're talking astronomical amounts of sins he "bore". Uh-huh.
* Striving each and every day for something more, something in the future, something unknown or unseen. How great would the world be if we all would strive to live in the Present?? (This reminds me of a sign I saw in the Provo city building, when I was there to pay for a parking ticket. It read: The past is just history, The future is a mystery, Each day is a gift, That's why we call it the "present")
* That any entity can define happiness, marriage, the afterlife, or morality for anyone else and call it absolute. Preposterous.
I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Got anything else that seems completely illogical to you? Please share! :)