Monday, November 13, 2006

Waiting for dinner

So tonight I'm making pork chops, fried potatoes with italian seasoning, and some veggies. Nothing fancy, but it just sounds so good to me.

I'm not much of a cook. I can throw together things if I have to, and lately I've had more confidence at just experimenting with stuff. But still, cooking is something I'd rather to with someone else. There's something magical about putting a meal together and sharing delicious food with another person.

Baking is not the same way for me, however. When baking, I like to do it all alone. I am more organized, more efficient, and I find it cathartic to just live in my brain while measuring out ingredients. Some people like to bake with their children. This just drives me up a wall! I'm sure it's because I have some obsessive compulsive tendancies which result in anxiety as things aren't measured out exactly according to the recipe.

Time to check on the food!! :) I hope it turns out as yummy as I think it ought to!

1 comment:

Just one of many said...

I'll tell you what, I'll cook and you whip up something decadent in the baking arena!! Hope it turned out ok! :)