Friday, November 10, 2006

I think I should be a Buddhist

There are a few goals in life that I've set for myself which I'm striving to achieve. Three really big ones are:

Going with the flow
Act, don't react
Letting my inner passions shine through

If you think about it, the three of those can very well contradict each other. Passionate people tend to be reactors, who tend to not go with the flow. But no matter what, those are things that I am wanting for myself.

I have hurt a lot of people recently, and I can't explain why. I wrestle with my lack of guilt. I ponder the role of the church in my life. My head is a constant battleground of ethics and morals.

Here's the thing I know: eventually life will level out. Eventually I will find my peace. As my friend told me yesterday, things happen for a reason, and it's hard to understand what that might be when we're in the middle of it.

Thanks to all you blogger friends who show love and caring. And to those of you who don't (i.e. Montgomery Q), well, you can just suck it. :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or a Taoist...

La said...

You are online at an ungodly hour just like me, sinister. What gives? :) -la

Anonymous said...

I hope things are turning around for the better, La. You're too cool of a person for them not to be.

I can't think of a time hanging out with you that you haven't had me all smiles and cracking up.

Anonymous said...

Having to be in to work at 5:00 a.m....

At least they've stopped the 3 a.m. crap with me.

(And remember I live on the East Coast.)

Christy said...

La, I have no idea what's going on in your world but know how much I love you, okay? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Perhaps we should plan a girls night sometime soon? Or we could just get drunk and call Rebecca?

Sideon said...

I don't know that those three goals contradict each other - each may be appropriate in their own time and place.

Once upon a time we talked about exmos/mos versus ethics and morals, and how some exmos feel that because they've lost their beliefs, they feel they're suddenly without and value system, which is hogwash. Every religion or spiritual practice has its set of ethics and morals, defining what is right or wrong for them (and by extension, for the individual who follows that path). The Christians have their 10 commandments. The Mormons have their Word of Wisdom. Pagans believe in harming none. There are over 600+ Judaic laws. Buddhism holds to four Noble Truths of suffering, the cause of suffering, the cessation of suffering, and the way leading to the cessation of suffering. Universally, truth and honesty are revered and respected.

Be well.

Rebecca said...

U r pretty.

Just one of many said...

Sometimes it is others that are being the hurt upon themselves. Too often it is easier to place the blame upon others rather than where it actually belongs. Your choices are just that yours...unless you bash a person over the head or are intentionally rude...then you can just blame PMS...works for me!! :) I know you couldn't possible inflict harm upon another intentionally...your a goddess remember!!

Just one of many said...

being should be bringing...I need to put down the bottle slowly and walk away...but it's the weekend and I don't think it will happen! :)

Rebecca said...

As much as I love you (and you know I do), I'll have to agree with you and disagree with joom - you have hurt some people. It says a lot about you that you know it, and that you own up to it, though. We all screw up. We just do.

Just one of many said...

Well Rebecca could be right about hurting people...but I know you'll make it good!!! :)
Rebecca, I stand horribly corrected! :)

Sister Mary Lisa said...

You are wise to recognize that "eventually life will level out. Eventually I will find my peace."

This is true, and a good thing to remember whenever times get really tough.

It doesn't do much good to dwell on regret over the things we've done to hurt others, but there are ways to apologize and make it easier for yourself to move past it and onward too. Not always easy, but usually there is a way to do so if needed.