Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Best Birthday Ever

I mean, EVER. The party we had on Saturday for Thunderchops and me was a blast. I have some pretty great friends, I must say.

Last night I had the opportunity to go to a Utah Jazz game, and thanks to my terrific family who filled in and watched my kids, it worked out that I was able to go. We sat in the 4th row, right behind Larry Miller. We got dinner and half-time snacks in the VIP room, and we got free beer. I hadn't had heffeweisen on tap for a while, and it was tasty!

Here's a pic right before the tip off. Yes, that's Carlos Boozer right there, doing Mehmet Okur from behind. And that referee was particularly cute! :)


It was an amazing evening, and lots of fun!! The Jazz lost pretty pathetically to the Orlando Magic, but really, who cares? Besides, I'm pretty sure I saw Grant Hill look over and check me out. So I wasn't really paying attention to the game... :)

All these fun things I've been able to do already, and my birthday is today. Yeah I'm 29 years old today. It's the last year of my twenties...

10 comments:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Happy b-day, girl! Have a great one!

Rebecca said...

Hey, I TOTALLY had it set in my phone to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY today! Because I DID NOT forget (thank you MySpace!)! So have a great one, and I wish I were there to celebrate it with you!

La said...

Awww...thanks you guys!! I will probably be doing nothing today, but I've already had enough fun to last me at least another year, so...

I wish you were here too, Becca!

Anonymous said...

Such a baby! So I'm only older by 5 months, I'm still older!

The party was killer, thanks to you and Chops for having a birthday and giving us an excuse to get together.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfriend! Happy Birthday! I'm ever so bummed I didn't get to be at the party. But I totally enjoyed BOTH my drunk dials! All y'all were cracking me up!

I don't know if anybody else knows....but I haven't forgotten my promise to make it up to you with a "Shakira" table dance next time I see you!!!

Sideon said...

Happy B-day again - I think I posted too early on a prior post. Glad to hear that a good time was had by all.

May your 29th year bring you patience through life's changes, joy in simplicity, and wisdom from quiet reflections.

Christy said...

Happy Birthday, Laura!! I'm glad you've had such a fabulous birthday, you deserve it!

If your 29th birthday party was THAT fun, I can't wait to see what happens when you turn 30! :)

MattMan said...

Happy b-day! Glad to hear you had a rockin' good time.

Oh, just for future reference -- this is NOT the last birthday of your twenties. You stop having birthdays at 29, so next year you're 29 again, and the next year, and the next, and so forth. Get it? :)

La said...

Thank you, thank you, friends for all the well-wishes.

30 is an exciting age, in my opinion. I think my 30's will be nothing short of spectacular spectacular!!

Christy said...

La- 30's are the new 20's. I'm nearly 2 years into my 30's and life has never been better. You have much to look forward to!