Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Promise

Water, emotions, our feelings:
Fluid.
Should we fight them?
Deny ourselves?
Struggle against the current?
Should we analyze the reasons why
the current flows the way it does?
Will we find logic and pattern and predictability?
Water, emotions and feelings can be destructive forces, true.
But they're essential for life. To live.

I'm going to take each day as it comes.
I'm going to allow myself to feel pain.
I will love. I do love.

A life lived in fear is a life half-lived. This life is all I have. I will live as fully as I know how.

2 comments:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Did you write this? It's very touching.

Just one of many said...

I especially liked the line: "Will we find logic and pattern and predictability?" This is what we have been taught is safe, but in relying upon these 3 crutches we miss out on so much!! Loved it...and needed to hear it!!