Sunday, February 19, 2006

Can't Sleep, So...

I'll just write a couple of things that I'm thinking about.

My husband is turning 30 in a couple weeks. 30 is a kick-ass age, I think. I'm pretty excited to hit that mark myself. Also, one of my sisters is turning 40 next week. She's decided that she doesn't want to have birthdays anymore. Aging is weird. It's one of 2 things we can guarantee in life (the other is that we'll die), and yet we fight it, hate it. It's going to happen, people. This is as much a reminder to myself as to anyone else.

I've been having so much fun getting to know post-mormons in/around this area. These are decent people. They look normal! They aren't suffering; they aren't regretting; they don't have horns. The fact is, I like them because they are brave and true to themselves. It's not easy to break through the brainwashing, and yet here they are, trudging through the Mormon Muck like troopers. I am glad that I found them.

This past week my siblings and I were emailing each other our death-requests. You know, just in case one of us dies, we don't want anyone freaking out that my brother's dead body is naked and gruesome. He'll be the first to go, so he wants us all to have that mental image engraved in our heads. Dying sucks, but probably only for the living. I hope that dying doesn't suck for the one dying. I guess in some cases it would, but in general I hope it's full of peace and calm. Not what the person is experiencing physically, but what they're experiencing spiritually or mentally.

Ok, well it's late, and I keep typing all my words wrong. Sure sign of sleepiness. Bye!

No comments: