Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Bring Firefly Back!!!

K, after browsing through several random blogs and Myspace sites, I decided I need to voice my love for the TV series Firefly.

If you haven't seen it, go rent it. NOW. Watch all the episodes in order, and then go rent the movie Serenity, which has the same characters in movie form.

We heard that this was an awesome series. Orson Scott Card raved about it on his website, http://www.hatrack.com/. My husband and I sincerely weigh everything OSC says (though we don't always agree), so we decided it was a must-see. Plus it was created by Joss Whedon, who also created the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, which we loved. So it had to be alright.

It was MORE than alright. We absolutely loved it! We fell in love with the characters, and we felt like they were our friends. How sadly pathetic! But it's true. I cried like a baby when it was over. Why, oh, why? It's SO much better than the new Star Trek series, Enterprise, and that show has lasted for what? 3 years now? Grievous!

In fact, since my DH is working tonight, I think I'll pass the time by watching Serenity. Ooh, this night is suddenly looking up...

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

AAAAHHHHH!!! BEST SHOW EVER!!! Every person I've introduced to the show LOVES it! That's it -- we're friends. Have you seen "Wonderfalls"? Not anything like "Firefly," and not as good, but still one of my all-time favorites (something like 10 episodes). I'm so addicted to TV, and I love it!

Sideon said...

Hmm. I seldom watch tv. I'm a geek. I'm on the computer all the time, okay? Or in the yard. Or working out. Or reading. But very little tv.

I will not watch LOST on principle - just because everyone's doing it, I won't. BUT, you said the magic words of Buffy, which is a series I love Love LOVE. I will have to add Firefly to my list of things to see! And Serenity, too.

Different subject, but have you ever had an "Absolutely Purple Hooter" shot?

La said...

No, what's in it?

(My curiosity just spiked when you asked that! You're making me an alcohol whore...)

Anonymous said...

La: didn't we rent that one night when I was down there? Firefly, I mean, not the shooter thing. Or maybe it was Wonderfalls.

Sideon said...

"Absolutely Purple Hooter" :) Doesn't that sound delicious?

Vodka in a shaker with ice, a touch of sweet and sour mix, topped off with chambord... shaken, then poured into a martini or BIG shot glass. Sip or slam it. So smooth it's like butta.

Another favorite is a "Wolf Bite" - the main flavor is peppermint.

*comforting hug* Everything in moderation, even moderation :)

Montgomery Q said...

I've had a purple nurple

Sideon said...

Okay - Scott added Firefly to our queue on Netflix.

When I've seen it, I'll be posting about it :)

La said...

Right now, we're watching season 5 of Six Feet Under on our netflix account. So far so good, although a little depressing.

La